Getting Started with Clumio Protect for S3
Clumio provides a secure way to protect your Simple Storage Service (S3) through Clumio Protect for S3.
If you have bucket-level permissions applied to your S3 bucket, please ensure that the permissions allow access to the Clumio roles for successful ingestion/Inventory.
- Refer to this article for instructions on how to configure your bucket-level permissions to include the Clumio Role.
Supported Storage Classes
You can perform Clumio Protect backups for the below storage classes:
- S3 Standard
- S3 Intelligent-Tiering
- S3 Standard - IA
- S3 One Zone - IA
- S3 Reduced Redundancy
Please note: Glacier and Glacier Deep Archive are not supported.
- There are two backup tiers for Clumio Protect for S3: Cold and Frozen. Please refer to the following article for additional information.
- Protecting the same object across different protection groups will incur metering the object separately across each protection group.
Connect your AWS account
You must first connect the AWS account and regions that contain your EC2 instances and EBS volumes to start protecting them using Clumio.
- Refer to this article for detailed instructions on connecting your AWS account to Clumio.
- Refer to this article for a list of supported source regions from which you can back up AWS resources.
- Refer to this video for a demo of Clumio Protect for S3.
There may be certain limitations such as the restore size of a single object, supported types, etc.
For information about Clumio service limits for S3, refer to the relevant section in the following article.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.