Disabling Quiescing for VMware Backups
By default, the Clumio platform attempts VM backups via quiesced application based snapshots. If quiescing fails, then the Clumio platform will failover to non-quiesced application snapshots for backup.
This document describes the recommended procedure for manually disabling quiesced application based snapshots for a VM.
Disable application quiescing for a VM using VMware Tools:
- Open the C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Tools\Tools.conf file using a text editor.
- Create the file if it does not exist in the above said location
- Add these entries to the file:
vss.disableAppQuiescing = true
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the VMware Tools service.
- Click Start > Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
- Right-click the VMware Tools Service and click Restart.
Please contact email@example.com in case of any clarifications or questions.