Limitations for Clumio’s Microsoft 365 backup service
Clumio’s Microsoft 365 backup service currently has a few known limitations.
The Exchange Online backup service has the following limitations:
- Emails cannot be exported from the service.
- The Last Modified Date Time value for restored emails sometimes do not match the original email.
- Encrypted emails without attachments are backed up successfully. However, on restore, they present the following message in their email:
"This message is protected with Microsoft Information Protection. You can open it using Microsoft Outlook, available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS. Get Outlook for your device here: https://aka.ms/protectedmessage. With Microsoft Information Protection, you can prevent your email messages from being copied or forwarded without your permission. Learn more at https://aka.ms/cp_rms.
- There may sometimes be a discrepancy between the number of emails in a folder inside a backup on Clumio and the actual emails in Exchange. This occurs very rarely.
The Contacts and Calendars backup service under the exchange has the following limitations:
- Any contacts folders created using the macOS client cannot be backed up.
- Contacts marked with categories are restored under a new category.
- Contacts marked as favorites are not restored as favorites.
Contacts that have emails like
fax email .. etc
When restored from a backup will be restored as 'other' emails.
- In the case of a read-only Calendar restore, a new calendar
<unicode_calendar_name> restore <current_timestamp>name is created and the event is restored within it.
The OneDrive Backup Service has the following limitations:
Documents cannot be exported from the service.
Only versions of the file taken during backup are available for restores. Versions between backups cannot be restored.
Link-based permissions are not backed up as and when they are modified. This is a limitation of the Microsoft APIs.
Clumio can only restore direct access permissions.
Redirected permissions restore or Cross domain permissions restore will not give access to a user if that user belongs to another domain.
The SharePoint Backup Service has the following limitations:
- Groups for Permissions cannot be restored if the number of groups cross 1000 as Microsoft limits number of groups to 1000.
- WebPart pages are backed up successfully, but are restored as folders.
- Clumio cannot perform backups of a page until it is published. If a user creates a new page, and a webpage opens where the user can add/edit details. If the user clicks outside the box, the page is saved as a draft. Such drafts are not backed up.
- The following content types are unsupported
Clumio actively works to resolve product limitations as far as possible. This document is updated as issues are resolved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.