Connect to your AWS Account
Once you have signed up for Clumio SaaS, you will have the ability to connect one or more AWS accounts. Follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below to connect your AWS account:
- Review the requirements checklist (available in the Clumio user guide) to ensure your connection process runs smoothly.
- Sign in to your AWS account so that Clumio can access it when creating the CloudFormation stack.
- From Clumio, select AWS > Environments. The AWS Environments window appears.
- Click Connect AWS Environment.
- Complete the following fields in the Provide the AWS environment information section:
- Enter the AWS account number: Enter your 12-digit AWS account ID.
- Enter the description: Optionally enter a brief description of the account. For example, “Payroll-APJ”.
- Select the AWS account region: Select the AWS account region associated with the data sources.
- Click Next.
- In the Install CloudFormation stack section, click Launch CloudFormation Stack wizard and follow the instructions in the AWS Quick create stack screen to create the stack. The Quick create stack screen automatically populates the fields with the Clumio template and token details needed to create the stack.
- Click Next. The AWS Quick create stack window appears. To abort the connection process at any time, click Start Over.
- Complete the following fields in the AWS Quick create stack window.
- In the Stack name section, modify the default stack name from “ClumioService” to a meaningful name to help you easily identify the stack.
- In the Capabilities section, click the checkbox to acknowledge the statement, which informs you that the stack creation process includes creating a custom IAM role and IAM policies.
- Click Create stack. AWS creates the resources that will be used by Clumio to perform backups, snapshots, and restores.
- Perform the following steps to verify that Clumio has successfully connected to the AWS account:
- From the AWS Management Console, go to the list of CloudFormation stacks. The new stack appears in the list with a status of CREATE_COMPLETE.
- From Clumio, select AWS > Environments and verify that the account appears with a status of Connected.
- To connect to another account region in the same AWS account, repeat the connection steps by connecting to the same account and selecting a different account region each time.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.