Creating your protection policy
At Clumio, a protection policy refers to a user-configured schedule that outlines the frequency of backing up data from your cloud-based business applications to SecureVault Backup. A clearly defined policy encompasses decisions about the storage location for backup data, the data sources to be protected, the backup frequency, and the duration for which the data should be retained. A policy can encompass a variety of Clumio-supported asset types, including AWS EBS volumes, EC2 instances, S3 assets, DynamoDB, RDS resources, MS SQL on EC2 databases, and Microsoft 365 resources. Within a policy, it is possible to configure multiple sets of frequencies and retention periods for these diverse asset types, enabling customization to align with the specific backup strategy requirements of your organization.
Below are the required steps to create a backup policy for your data sources
- Click the Policies icon in the upper left of the UI.
- Click on "Create" under manage policies
- Enter a Policy Name for your AWS protection policy.
- Select the required datasource and click on the next button.
- Choose your backup frequency and retention. Select frequency and retention options per your requirements. You can also specify a window of time when the backups can take place (backup window), select the Start Time checkbox, and specify the time zone and start and end times of the backup window, if you don't select specific times, the backup window is for 24 hours. When the backup window is enabled, recurring backups will only occur between the stated start and end times.
- The advanced settings window provides you with the ability to pick a backup destination and storage tier on your desired datasources. You may select the "in-region" or "out-of-region" for the backup destinations window and then select Next.
- The Policy summary page provides you with the details to view the summarized view of a policy. If you wish to modify, add, delete, or edit an asset type you could do so on the policy summary page. Once you have reviewed the policy summary page, please click on the save button at the bottom right of the window.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.