Configuring SSO for Okta
The Clumio service can integrate with Okta for seamless user authentication. Please follow the below steps to configure Okta IDP as a Single Sign On service for Clumio. More details about the Clumio App here.
Ensure that you have the following before you start configuring Okta
Okta account with admin privileges
Clumio account with Super Admin Role
- Idp initiated SSO
- SP initiated SSO
- Just-In-Time provisioning
Steps to enable Okta Integration with Clumio
- Open the Okta Admin console.
- Go to Applications.
- Browse the App Catalog.
- Search for Clumio.
- Click on Add.
- For the Application Label, name the application.
- After hitting done, assign the application to the users.
- Click on the Sign on tab.
- Click on Edit. > Under Advanced Sign-on Settings, you will see 3 fields for the Audience Restriction, Assertion Customer Service (ACS) URL, and Recipient URLs.
- Get the Audience Restriction, Assertion Customer Service (ACS) URL, and the Recipient URL from Clumio (see step 4)
- Copy them here and click on save.
- The metadata URL can be retrieved from the SAML2.0 section under the Sign-On tab. You can either download this and save it as XML or directly use the link within Clumio.
- The Okta side configuration is done! Over to Clumio.
- Log in to Clumio.
- Navigate to Settings > Access Management > Authentication (SSO/MFA)
- Click on "Configure SSO" under Strategy
- Copy the Audience Restriction, Assertion Customer Service (ACS) URL, and the Recipient URL. This will be needed for the IdP side setup.
- Scroll down and upload the metadata retrieved from the IdP. You can use the URL, upload the metadata XML file, or configure it manually.
- Now click on "Save Configuration"
- Click on "Test with my Account" - This should open a new tab to test the SSO connection.
- Once the above step is successful, click on Activate SSO. Please note that this step is important for SSO enablement.
- Check the box to send emails if you wish to notify all users of the SSO enablement, else click enable.
- For any user to utilize Clumio login through Okta SSO, the user needs to be explicitly added in Clumio UI > Settings > Access Management > Users and should be assigned to Clumio SAML Application created in Okta.
Please contact email@example.com in case of any clarifications or questions.