Configuring SSO for Okta
The Clumio service can integrate with Okta for seamless user authentication. Please follow the below steps to configure Okta IDP as a Single Sign On service for Clumio. More details about the Clumio App here.
Ensure that you have the following before you start configuring Okta
Okta account with admin privileges
Clumio account with Super Admin Role
Steps to enable Okta Integration with Clumio
- Open the Okta Admin console.
- Go to Applications.
- Browse the App Catalog.
- Search for Clumio.
- Click on Add.
- For the Application Label, name the application.
- After hitting done, assign the application to the users.
- Click on the Sign on tab.
- Click on Edit. > You see will 2 empty fields for Audience Restriction and Assertion Consumer Service URL.
- Get the Audience Restriction and Assertion Customer Service (ACS) URL from Clumio (see step 4)
- Copy them here and click on save.
- Scroll down and to the right-hand side, you will see the "View SAML setup instructions" link. - Click on the link.
- Find the URL for the metadata file. You can either download this and save it as XML or directly use the link within Clumio.
- The Okta side configuration is done! Over to Clumio.
- Log in to Clumio.
- Navigate to Settings > Access Management > Authentication (SSO/MFA)
- Click on "Configure SSO" under Strategy
- Copy the Audience Restriction and Assertion Customer Service (ACS) URL. This will be needed for the IdP side setup.
- Scroll down and upload the metadata retrieved from the IdP. You can either use the URL, upload the metadata XML file, or configure it manually.
- Now click on "Save Configuration"
- Click on "Test with my Account" - This should open a new tab to test the SSO connection.
- Once the above step is successful, click on Activate SSO. Please note that this step is important for SSO enablement.
- Check the box to send emails if you wish to notify all users of the SSO enablement, else click enable.
- For any user to utilize Clumio login through Okta SSO, the user needs to be explicitly added in Clumio UI > Settings > Access Management > Users and should be assigned to Clumio SAML Application created in Okta.
Please contact email@example.com in case of any clarifications or questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.